Service Desk Agent
You'll be responsible for offering 1st and 2nd line support and technical assistance to our customers by helping them complete tasks or troubleshoot problems through diagnostic tests and remote access into their computers.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email or chat.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and relevant questions, determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by the end user and walk the end user through the problem-solving process.
- Record incidents and service requests and their resolution in a ITSM tool.
- Use monitoring tools and respond to alerts and events as they occur to minimise disruption for the end user.
- Provide 2nd line support to resolve workplace services, network, security and platform incidents and fulfilment.
- Update and maintain knowledge and standard operating procedures.
- Follow-up and update the end users on status and information.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures and pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal teams.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the 3rd level technical support teams and track progress and resolution.
- Proven experience as an IT service desk agent or other customer support role
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Problem solving and remaining calm under pressure
- GCSE Maths and English (minimum grade 4 or C)
- ITIL certified or demonstrable experience of working in an ITIL environment
Our employee selection process comprises of an initial telephone call, psychometric test, and a face-to-face interview
We are unable to offer sponsorship for this vacancy
We offer a hybrid working environment with 2 shifts in our Peterborough office
Salary - £22K - £24K depending on experience + night shift allowance
We require an agent to be able to work 12 hour shifts (nights and days)
Benefits - competitive employee packages that include private healthcare, life insurance, flexible working, and internal career development.
If you think you've got what it takes to be our next Service Desk Agent then we would love to hear from you.
Please send you CV and cover letter to our recruitment team.