Senior Platform Engineer
You'll be responsible for providing hands-on support and maintenance for all systems and services within the platform environments managed by IT Naturally, you will provide technical expertise across a range of cloud environments, including AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud and private cloud/on-prem, undertaking BAU and project work.
- Management of risks, issues and dependencies associated with the platforms administered, including managing upgrades, patching, and general maintenance in line with strategic and security recommendations.
- Participate in envisioning, planning, designing, and implementing platform services and all related business processes, providing training to colleagues as necessary to ensure consistency of service
- In-depth troubleshooting analysis, isolation and resolution of events and incidents, working with different technology team
- Provision of technical problem management and associated Root Cause Analysis
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation and processes, writing and carrying out action/implementation plans for complex change or incident resolutions
- Contribute to a 24x7 On-call rota and develop processes to enable 1st and 2nd line support functions to proactively manage services
- Ability to manage cloud and on-premises platforms with both virtual and physical servers/appliances
- Strong hands-on skills within Cloud environments
- Ability to manage server operating systems, including builds, configuration, patching, and monitoring
- Experience working directly with end users and technical counterparts in customer organisations
- Exposure to database technologies an advantage
- Scripting skills, including Bash and PowerShell
- Ability to technically assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks to make clear and timely decisions in the best interests of the company
- Microsoft Azure and AWS accreditations are an advantage
- ITIL and/or Six Sigma certified, or demonstrable experience of working in an ITIL environment
- SFIA skills level 5 – refer to SFIA009 profile
Our employee selection process comprises of an initial telephone call, psychometric test and a face to face interview.
We offer a hybrid working environment, 2 days in our Peterborough office and the rest either at home or in the office.
Salary - £50K - £65K depending on experience
Benefits - competitive employee packages that include private healthcare, life insurance, flexible working, and internal career development.
We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this vacancy.
If you think you've got what it takes to be our next Senior Platform Engineer then we would love to hear from you.
Please send you CV and cover letter to our recruitment team.