Senior Cyber Security Engineer
You'll be responsible for delivering all contracted IT Security services, in partnership with external vendors where relevant. You'll be keen to accept new security designs and will ensure a successful implementation of new related technologies into live support
- In-depth analysis, isolation and resolution of IT security related events and incidents
- Provision of security related Problem Management and associated Root Cause Analysis
- Creation and maintenance of security documentation and processes, compiling and implementing plans for resolution of security issues identified
- Management of risks, issues and dependencies associated with the security services being provisioned, including managing appliance upgrades, patching, and general maintenance in line with strategic and security recommendations
- Participate in envisioning, planning, designing, and implementing the security infrastructure and all related business processes, providing training to colleagues as necessary to ensure consistency of service
- Contribute to a 24x7 on-call rota and develop processes to enable 1st and 2nd line support functions to proactively manage services
- Working knowledge of security domains, auditing standards, frameworks, and risk analysis frameworks including ISO 27001, NIST Cyber Security Framework etc
- Detailed knowledge of physical security technologies (Cisco Firepower, Identity Services Engine) and Cloud Security (Cisco Umbrella)
- Knowledge in key areas of information security such as Vulnerability Management, IPS/IDS, Access Control and Authorization, Policy Enforcement, Application Security, Protocol Analysis, DLP, Encryption and Advanced Threat Protection
- Strong knowledge of security principals and network concepts (operating systems, TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, Ports, SSL/TLS, IPS/IDS, VPN, MPLS etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills (German also an advantage)
- Ability to technically assess security related situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks to make clear and timely decisions in the best interests of the company
- Cisco CCNA (Cyber Ops), CCNP (Security) or equivalent industry experience
- ITIL and/or Six Sigma certified
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional or equivalent operational experience
Our employee selection process comprises of an initial telephone call, psychometric test and a face to face interview.
We offer a hybrid working environment, 2 days in our Peterborough office and the rest either at home or in the office.
Salary - £55K - £65K depending on experience
Benefits - competitive employee packages that include private healthcare, life insurance, flexible working, and internal career development.
We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this vacancy.