By David Adekanye
Cloud security is a top priority for companies.
With cloud infrastructure providing lower costs and greater efficiencies, many are seeing the benefits to migrating or developing a new infrastructure altogether.
But it is essential that you architect for security to keep your cloud infrastructure secure in line with current technologies and threats.
Luckily there are a number of ways to secure it.
Here are 8 tips that can help you secure your cloud infrastructure.
- Use a multi-layered approach: Your security architecture needs to cover 3 levels the system, application and data.
- Enforce proper Identity and Access Management policies: This will ensure that only authorised personnel are provided access and with least privilege.
- Audit your resources regularly: Check for redundant storages (to save costs) and enforce a proper data disposal policy.
- Monitor and analyse all events from your cloud resources: A proper monitoring helps prevent potential breaches.
- Test your cloud security posture: A penetration testing can help identify any exploits and then the opportunity to get them resolved.
- Have a proper maintenance system in place: Monitor your inventory, ensure back-ups are done and use a continuous end-to-end vulnerability management process. This reduces the time the facility is down and minimises damage.
- Use strong encryption: Encrypting data ensures that even if that data falls into the wrong hands, it is useless as long as its keys remain secure. This needs to be done for all data at rest and in transit.
- Adhere to security standards: There are a variety of security standards that need to be followed, ensure your third-party providers are compliant.
Cloud security has come a long way. Through a number of tools and technologies it’s now possible to secure both your user and your data.
Make sure these are in place and you will benefit from the cloud and its speed, efficiency and cost savings.
IT Naturally will always offer you solutions to your cloud infrastructure security. Do get in touch if you have any concerns about your current system or want to change your current infrastructure.
Call us 0208 016 2126 or enquiries@ITNaturally.com