Many in the IT world would consider moving you data to the Cloud a no-brainer, as it offers more flexibility (especially when you go into lockdown), better security and can cut costs
Cloud services are certainly here to stay and growing by the day:
- The worldwide public cloud services market is forecast to grow 17% this year to $266.4 billion, according to Gartner, Inc.
- Oracle predict 80% of enterprise IT will move to the Cloud by 2025
- & 94% of enterprises already use the cloud in some way.
If you are thinking about moving any of your company’s software applications ‘to the cloud,’ consider these 5 tips before you act.
- Take stock: Before you move anything it’s a good idea to know what you have. Assess your data, organise your soft files and make sure you have a recent back up.
- Do some housekeeping: Think of it like clearing out your cupboards before you move, there’s little point moving things that you don’t need or use anymore. Establish what you could retire and you could also save some money.
- Consider your Security: Both during and after your transition to the cloud, you need to be keenly aware of how to secure your data. You wouldn’t leave your new house unlocked so don’t forget to secure your networks.
- Assess Your Needs: Every IT workload is different, so there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach. Every business will be different so you need to understand which workloads would be best hosted in private, public, hybrid or multi cloud environments.
- Have a watertight plan: This needs to be the main element of your cloud computing migration strategy. Think about the key elements, timings and testing and the plan will allow you to communicate well with your team.
You may decide you want to work with a migration partner to make sure you get this important move right, in the most cost-effective way. Here at IT Naturally we have more than 25 years’ experience in doing just that.